The 2.2.31 patch was an update for Battlezone 98 Redux and Red Odyssey. It was released as an open beta on Steam on February 10th 2017, before being released through Steam and GOG Galaxy on March 28th. GOG's installers were finally updated on April 7th.
Major Changes Edit
A changelog was released on April 7th with the GOG installer update. It lists a number of significant changes, including large performance increases, new multiplayer infrastructure, stability improvements and fixes, and a number of new features including the addition of multiplayer mods and custom campaigns.
- Performance optimised
- VRAM requirements decreased
- Shadows improvsed
- HDR and bloom improved
- New multiplayer infrastructure independent of Steam and GOG
- Added password game protection
- Locked, launched and full games now visible from browser
- Indication for locked and full games
- Players can no longer kick themselves
- Added filetype whitelisting to allow use of mods in multiplayer
Bug Fixes Edit
- Fixed various random crashes.
- Fixed some network connection issues
- Fixed grey lightning on Great Pyramid.
- Fixed lightning colour.
- Fixed AI wandering off map when interrupted by a sub-task while following a path.
- Fixed Io emissive texture.
- Fixed it so the APC cannot die during the cut scene.
- Fixed being able to destroy the Launchpad.
- Fixed a crash during cut scenes.
- Fixed lighting changing during certain cut scenes.
- Fixed Black Dog Scout and NSDF scout cockpit from sliding off screen.
- Fixed units not decloaking when they lose a pilot.
- Fixed objectives on first training mission.
- Fixed cockpit for the Yeti.
- Fixed collision with the rear of Hephestus.
- Fixed Scale of Chinese Command unit.
- Fixed Training Mission 4 now updates objectives as they are completed.
- Fixed mission name not appearing on the mission briefing screen.
- ↑ Update - Patch now available on beta! 10th February 2017 on Steam Community
- ↑ Patch 2.2.301 is now out for Galaxy Users on GOG.com
- ↑ Changelog on GOG.com
|Battlezone||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3 · 1.4 · 1.5)|
|Battle Grounds||Overview (1.1)|
|The Red Odyssey||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3)|
|Battlezone II||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3)|
|Battlezone 98 Redux||Overview (2.1.192 · 2.1.201 · 2.2.301)|