An AIP - acronym for Artificial Intelligence Plan - is a set of at least 24 .AIP files used to control the actions of the AI team in Instant Action and MPI matches.
Aside from the name of the set itself, each seperate AIP file is given a suffix which indicates the plan type and the computer and player races it refers to using two Race Letters and a plan type:
Plan Types Edit
- 0: The setup phase. The AI constructs a few Scouts and Scavengers. Once the player's recycler is deployed - or after three minutes, whichever is first - the AIP progresses to plans 1, 2 and 3.
- 1, 2, 3: One of these plans is chosen at random and controls the AI for the majority of the rest of the game. Here, the AI captures pools, constructs and upgrades a base, and launches small attack waves.
- S: The "panic mode" plan triggers when the player has any attacking units near the AI base for over 45 seconds. This plan covers the construction of light defences and replacement of any buildings lost in the assault.
- L: Initiated after the completion of the S plan, or after the game has been in progress for a long time. The AI sends streams of assault units towards the enemy base in an effort to end the game in its favor.
- A: Similar to the L plan, the A plan is usually triggered after the S plan. The AI begins to build heavier units and sends them to destroy the player.
- *ff0: Starting plan for a Scion-Scion match.
- *ifl: Endgame plan for an ISDF-Scion match.